Engendering Technologies 2016 (EGT’2016) will be organized with the XVII International Conference on Human Computer Interaction (Interacción 2016) from 13th-16th September 2016, Salamanca, Spain.
TOPICS OF INTEREST
As Engendering Technologies at Interacción 2014 and 2015, this workshop is focused on all the gender aspects of the technology domain. Main topics of interest include but are not limited to:
• Gender & Human Computer Interaction (HCI).
• Design for women, designing by women
• Gender & software engineering
• Gender issues in technology design
• Women inclusion in technologies
• Gender digital divide
• Gender & video games
• Gender & Information Technology
• Gender & Science and Technology
• Cultural & symbolic dimensions of ICT
• Changing relations between people and ICT
• Gender & user-centered design methodologies
• Gendered innovations in ICT
• Women, technology and power
• Best practices on Gender and ICT
• Mentoring and experiences for attracting women to ICT studies and professions
• Gender & Digital Security and risks
• Gender & IT inclusion policies and actions
Submission Deadline: April 25
Author Notification: May 23
Camera-ready papers due: June 13
Date of the workshop: Sep 14, 2016
All paper submissions will be peer-reviewed by an international panel of experts. Authors are kindly requested to send the paper without any reference to any of the authors. So, please, remove the authors’ personal details, the acknowledgements section and any reference that may disclose the authors’ identity. Papers not satisfying these conditions will be rejected without reviews. All contributions will be written following the ACM template (http://www.acm.org/publications/article-templates/proceedings-template.html). The first anonymous version must be submitted in PDF.
Authors should submit an original paper in any of the following submission categories:
• Full Papers: full papers should describe original work that have not previously been published and provide significant results of scientific research. Presentation time for full papers will be 15 minutes plus 5 minutes for questions. These papers are assigned a 8-page limit in the conference proceedings.
• Short Papers: short papers should describe innovative work in progress, without significant results yet, that contribute to well-founded research. Presentation time for short papers will be 10 minutes plus 5 minutes for questions. These papers are assigned a 4-page limit in the conference proceedings. All contributions will be written in Spanish or English taking into account that:
Papers should be submitted electronically via the EasyChair web based submission system (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=interaccion2016). Inside the EasyChair the topic “Workshop EnGendering Technologies” must be selected.
More information in the website of the Engendering Technologies.