The Spanish Network on Sports and Health Analytics Research with a Gender Perspective (SHARP), financed by the Spanish Ministry of Culture and Sport (09/UPR/20), is organizing the 2020 Online Workshop on “Sports and Health Analytics Research”.
Date: 6th and 7th of October 2020
Call for Abstracts: Please submit your abstract by completing this form before 15th of September
The workshop will be a free open event where Ph.D. students and experts from different disciplines can communicate their research activities to other colleagues including other Ph.D. students at UOC and beyond as well as senior researchers and professors. The event is open to participants from other universities as well. Sessions in the program will be presented orally. Each presenter is allocated a 15 minutes slot followed by 5 minutes questions and answers.
The main goal is to establish a network of contacts that can promote the rising of common interests in research and transfer among groups from different disciplines and knowledge areas regarding the application of data science and analytics research to the following topics (#SportsAnalytics, #HealthAnalytics, #SportAndHealth, #HealthAndGender, #SportAndGender):
- describing the current situation of the sports and health sectors by means of data-intensive studies;
- identifying emerging trends and predicting the future evolution of the sports and health sectors;
- identifying best practices that facilitate the massive adoption of healthy habits in nutrition, physical activity, and sport among citizens of all ages;
- integrating a gender perspective in the approach of analytics research in sports and health.
- Related topics: Analytics, Gender, Health and Sports.
- The workshop will be held in English.
- The abstract (200-250 words) must summarize the topic and the results to be presented.
- Keywords: up to 5 words.
- All participants with accepted abstracts must prepare a PowerPoint presentation to be submitted before the opening day of the workshop (5th of October).
- The program will be sent in the following weeks.
- Submission of proposed title and short abstract: 15th of September 2020.
- Notifications of acceptance will be sent by the 22nd of September.
- Event: 6th and 7th of October 2020.
Registration is free and will be opened soon. Abstracts submissions by completing this form before the deadline.
This event is financed by the Spanish Ministry of Culture and Sport (Call for «Networks of Research in Sports Sciences» 2020), and coordinated by FoodLab (UOC Faculty of Health Sciences), Research Group ICSO of the IN3, and Research Group GenTIC of the IN3.