Gender and ICT is looking for pre-doctoral candidates to apply for the 2019 call of “Ayudas para la formación de profesorado universitario (FPU)” from the Spanish Ministry of Science, Innovation and Universities.
We offer the opportunity to work in a stimulating interdisciplinary and international environment linked to the research project “Effects and Effectiveness of interventions aimed at incresing the interest of young women in scientific and technological studies and professions” – GESTEMI (FEM2017-84589-R), funded by the Ministry of Economy, Industry and Competitiveness (Spanish national R&I Plan) and directed by Milagros Sáinz.
This research line explores the psychosocial factors that explain gender differences in the choice of studies and occupations during adolescence, with a special focus in STEM fields (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics). Research questions include, among other topics, the development of gender roles and stereotypes during childhood and adolescence or the impact of academic sexism on boys and girls’ patterns of motivation and academic achievement.
The selected candidate is expected to contribute to the development of the GESTEMI project and carry out a doctoral thesis within this research framework during the term of the contract.
Desirable requirements for candidates:
– Excellent academic record.
– Bachelor’s degree preferably in Psychology or Psychopedagogy (preferably finished after January 2016).
– Being enrolled in a doctoral program in the 2019-2020 course or prove that you are in possession of a master’s degree or are enrolled in the 2019-2020 course in an official university master’s degree that provides access to a doctoral program during the 2020-2021 course.
– High English level (minimum C1 level of Cambridge).
Details of the grants, according to the FPU call:
– The amount of the contract is € 1,151.97 per month for the first two years, € 1,234.25 per month for the third year and € 1,542.82 per month for the fourth year. 12 monthly payments and two extra payments will be accrued each year.
– Post-doctoral contracts (POP) will have a budget of € 28,640.91 gross per year.
– The costs of the SS employer’s contribution are also financed.
The deadline for submitting applications to the Ministry is from October 24, 2019 until November 14, 2019 at 14:00 h (Spanish time).
Interested applicants should send their CV and full academic record by November 9, 2019 to Milagros Sáinz (ude.c1579964207ou@iz1579964207niasm1579964207) indicating the reasons why they would like to work in this research line.